Friday, July 16, 2010

Splish Splash
Getting Our Feet Wet in Ladakh



First stop Sindhu Ghat. Sindhu Ghat is a place where the Indus River flows into Leh. Leh is a city in Ladakh. It is where you take off your shoes and dip your feet in the water. The water is shallow for a river but deep for a shallow river. You get it? I don’t get it but it is true! The water was refreshing. Sindhu Ghat was awesome. I saw some soldiers. Mom told me India and Pakistan were in war because Pakistan used to be a part of India. Pretty cool history. I really like Sindhu Ghat. I hope you like it too!

-Kieran





“Blah…” That was yesterday. Seven times in two days I threw up. Today I was feeling much better! I pushed my finger through the loop of my sneaker. One by one I took of my shoes. I slipped off my slippery socks. I walked onto a sharp rock. I stepped into freezing cold water. I couldn't feel my feet. Shivers rushed up legs! To make sure we didn’t slip, Rhea, Kieran and I held hands. The water went all the way up to my knees. The color of the river was muddy brown. We were right by where the Indus river meets the Zanskar River or called Sangam.


-Pari

1 comment:

  1. What a journey so far! hope "all is well". We are missing you all a lot. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete